An invigilator must ensure that examinations are carried out in accordance with Cambridge English Assessment, and provide candidates with a positive and supportive, yet strict exam experience. Invigilators are required throughout the year for internal and external examinations, with the busiest time being between March and June.
The position requires a caring attitude and a very high level of customer service and strong administrative skills. An ability to work using one’s own initiative as well as being a good team player is a pre-requisite. Experience gained within a customer services/teaching service environment would be ideal
The invigilator must be comfortable working under pressure and multi-tasking, and willing to enforce regulations firmly but fairly if necessary and to deal effectively and promptly with any problems. Flexibility, reliability and an eye for detail are essential, as is the ability to communicate in clear, spoken English
- To prepare and assist the Exams Officer with the preparation of the exam hall and other exam rooms, ensuring rooms meet Cambridge English Assessment exam requirements.
- To ensure that candidates are aware they are under exam conditions, retrieve mobile phones, MP3 players, etc.
- Assist with candidate entry into the room, check ID, set the tone and ensure students enter quietly and efficiently
- To open and distribute papers and other authorised materials to candidates
- Ensure that candidates have correct papers
- Read out erratum notices when necessary
- Notify candidates of the start and finish times of the exam and record start and finish times of the exams.
- Ensure attendance register is completed and be vigilant at all times during the exam.
- Collect all scripts and associated materials at the end of each exam and ensure that there are no missing scripts
- Supervise candidates in quiet and unobtrusive manner, respond to candidate queries in accordance with exam regulations and distribute additional paper/equipment as required
- Record and notify the Lead Invigilator/Exams Officer of academic offences in line with Cambridge English Assessment policy
- Ensure scripts are not left unattended and are safely delivered to the Exam Officer
- Arrive on time for the requested session
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the status of the post, as deemed necessary by our Centre Manager